In this course we will investigate the design of static web pages, coding standards, accessibility guidelines, and technologies of client-side Web page design. Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), and techniques for controlling page layout, animations, and user interactions.
Upon successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- Complete the entire process of creating an original website for a client.
- Become familiar with web design principles and best practices.
- Utilize standard tools for web development.
- Create web pages that are accessible and maintainable.
- Use cascading style sheets to stylize content.
- Publish content on the web for others to consume.
The Client Project
The project will progress through out the semester with 8 individual pieces. The purpose of the project is to give you a taste of what the entire web design process is like, in addition to providing proof of the skills you will have learned throughout the semester.Client Details
The Portfolio Project
For this project you will be designing and creating a website to communicate the essence of "you" to put on display for the world wide-web and most importantly future employers or clients.Portfolio Details